Saturday, February 21, 2009

Training Time

Hello All,
well I've been wanting to put this post up for a long time, but haven't had the time this week. Now that my recital is over, I can focus more on auditions coming up. I found out this week that I didn't get invited to go to the Cleveland audition after sending in the audition tape. No worries; it was kind of expected.
However, this allows me more time to be able to get focus on the audition for the New York Philharmonic. This preliminary audition is in mid-June, and by preliminary I mean that it is an open audition for anyone to come in. There will be many MANY people probably attending this audition (thankfully it is spread over a couple days) and there will be some sending in audition tapes.
The great thing about this audition is that it is four months away, and I already have the repertoire list, and they mailed the parts for the audition. From here until June, I will be in training mode. Practicing, studying scores, listening to playbacks of myself as well as recordings of excerpts, getting lessons with other "ears", sending out recordings--It could get intense!! But it will be fun training.
Not only am I going to train musically but also I am going to start training physically as well as spiritually. Getting stronger physically will help my playing, and getting stronger spiritually will help me keep my focus on WHY and WHO I am doing this for--for Him.
If you have ever watched Chariots of Fire, you know what kind of training I am talking about. I'll probably be watching this movie a number of times in the next four months to get motiviated. Just another journey, I think the Good Lord has placed in my life. Where He will lead me to, I don't know; either way, may I learn more about Him through this journey to the Trombone section.

From
J-man (Heb. 12:1-13)

1 comment:

Ryan G. Smith said...

Yea dawg!!! Sorry to hear about Cleveland, but it's all good. Keep it up, wicked proud of you!