Monday, February 22, 2010

recap on second grad school audition (Carnegie Mellon)

Hello All,
I apologize for not getting this post out sooner. My second grad school audition was a complete success!! I arrived in Pittsburgh the night before the audition, went to the music building, and was able to run into a friend of mine from the Masterworks Festival. We were able to talk for a good while about the school, classes, and the performing ensembles. Later that night, I was able to lay in my bed at my friend's house and relax, and gather my thoughts for the next day. I listened to one of my recorded lessons with Mr. Sullivan that I had last April. This really helped me with listening to his comments on excerpts that I would be playing the next day.

It really is a mind thing when playing. Having a different focus at CMU helped me immensely. Once I entered I felt at complete ease when playing. I was very calm while playing but yet bold and confident. Mr. Sullivan and Ms. Cherian were very complimentary on my playing. The campus, once again, was very very nice and small somewhat (compared to Maryland). It is practically right downtown, and is in a nice neighborhood right next to the University of Pittsburgh.

As I left CMU, I felt a great confidence boost in my playing in getting ready for my last audition at Northwestern. However, I did have to wait almost an entire month for Northwestern. I will post my recap about Northwestern on my blog tomorrow.

Thanks for your prayers....and keep praying!!!!

From
J-man (Isaiah 40: 28-31)

No comments: