Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Masterworks Festival

Hello all,
These next two weeks I'm going to be playing in the Masterworks Festival Orchestra and helping them fill some spots in the trombone section.
The Masterworks Festival is a Christian performing arts festival that trains musicians, actors, and dancers in a rigorous environment. You could consider it the "Christian" Aspen festival because the teachers they bring are some of the best performers out there in major orchestras and teaching posts as well.
These next two weeks I don't have any duties with Wagon Wheel so I have been given the opportunity to play and intermingle with the masterworks people. The orchestra I'm in will be performing Brahms First symphony on friday. This piece has been one of my favorites since I was literally a little kid. And this piece is often asked on auditions due to the sectional playing in the last movement (the only place where the trombones play). So it is going to be great experience being able to play first part on this absolutely beautiful piece. :)

From J-man

No comments: