Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Masterworks Festival

Well it has been a while since I have written on here, but my summer has been going great. Masterworks Festival was extremely motivating and rejuvenating. My first week we played Brahms Symphony One and that brought the house down. All my life I have listened to and loved that piece. I have known of the famous chorale for years, and never dreamed I would be able to play it at this age. What an experience to play first part.
The second week was double duty. We played Dvorak's 6th symphony which though I never knew the piece it was an experience unlike any other. I don't think I have ever played that loud in my life. We reach 90-100 decibels that night (that's loud!!) Then the following night we played a patriotic pops concert (July 4th) which was fun as well. All in all, thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to play with some great musicians and strong Christians. I definitely miss them all, and cannot wait to hopefully go back next year as a full-time student.
As a sidenote, musicians can be athletes and quite good. Over my two week period there, I played basketball with my orchestra conductor (how weird is that) and a member of the orchestra. He was quite shorter than me and beat me many times in One-on-One. And my buddy from Indiana University, he was good too (of course, he's from Indiana).
It was goooooood times, and I learned a lot about myself :)

From J-man (Ps. 31:14-16)

No comments: