Monday, August 11, 2008

My Week Off

This past week I took a week off from playing the 'ole trombone. Not substantial, but just some time to give the lips a little rest. Last sunday (8/3) I played in a close friend's wedding in Indianapolis not even 24-hours after a show in Warsaw. After playing for a half-hour straight, my lips felt like rubber, and I decided I would not play for a week since I would be off from the theater. It was a relaxing week, did some long biking and little running.
Today I got back into playing and grant it wasn't superb but playing the fundamentals felt really good. And actually purposely not playing last week got me more excited to start back up again. So I'm can not wait to get back into the thick of things with my playing :)

From
J-man (Ps. 31:14-16)

2 comments:

Robert Byrd said...

Keep on keepin' the faith, Jeremye! It's great to read your enthusiasm. I'm a Christian and a bass trombonist, too. Every year I help lead 500 men sing praises to God at Mo Ranch in Hunt, Texas, during the annual men's conference there. The big horn needs no amplification and matches the tessitura of the male voice, so it is the ideal instrument for such things.
Get as many experiences as you can playing- you never know where you'll end up. After auditioning and free-lancing, then a corporate career, I'm now teaching K-5th general music and loving it. I'm also in an electric-gospel-funk band, playing mostly bass trombone. That band has a blog too, but I can't find it right now. I'll post it for you when I am reminded of it by the band's leader.

jeremyEsmith said...

That's awesome!! a bass trombone in a electric-gospel-fund band. My kinda band. I should tell my dad about that one; he plays bass trombone as well :) That'd be sweet to get that link!!