Friday, August 15, 2008

Redemption and 50s Rock 'n Roll

Wow!! We had our first rehearsal today for the Buddy Holly musical, and the music is awesome awesome!! We're playing some great music, and it's fairly easy music, which makes it more fun to play and I can enjoy what I'm doing. The horn section is great. I'm standing next to this Doc in Jazz music who plays a mean tenor sax. And all the other musicians? Whewwweee. Comment was made we might have to get my dance shows on when we ain't playing. We gonna be putting a little groove in the Wagon Wheel Theatre, and boooooy it sure is gonna be a lot of fun!!

On a more 'redemptive' note, I received an email from the Symphony secretary telling us that a conference over in Fort Wayne were in need of some musicians. I emailed them and they are in need of a trombone player for their orchestra. It is for Redemption 08 which will be held in the Coliseum over at the Fort in October. Apparently, we're going to be playing were artists,Steve Green, Jimmy Wayne, and a few other Nashville artists. I can't wait to play in this orchestra!! The music already sounds great, and it reminds of my days of playing in the Rejoice Orchestra...except it has a beat haha

Here's the website and I think my picture will be on the website as well. http://www.redemption08.com/

From
J-man (Ps. 31:14-16)

No comments: