Thursday, September 18, 2008

A New Toy

Hello All,
A few weeks ago, I ordered a new toy and it arrived in the mail last week. I am told that every aspiring orchestral trombonist should own a digital audio recorder so I finally had enough money to purchase a Zoom H2 Recording Device. It is inexpensive compared to other recorders, but the quality is superb. I did some research on them and it is very small (fits into my hand), but it can pick up the faintest type of sound. And it is a clear sound.
Digital recording devices are almost like a personal teacher because you are able to playback excerpts or anything that you record and be able to critique yourself. This summer I worked with one and noticed things I haven't heard before in just the little time that I used it. And wow!! Now that I have one, I have picked up many things in my playing whether it be something in my basic warm-up or working on the Bolero excerpt. Also a great feature is I can record something, put it on my computer, then burn it to a disc. This will be great for competition entries or just to make a recording. It will save money cuz I won't have to pay for someone to make a recording, and I can spend as much time recording to make sure it's the best I can do.
Having this new "toy" I think will help me take the next step in my playing and preparing for auditions. I can already sense that there will be much progress now, and I am very excited for the upcoming weeks and months to see how far I go!!

From
J-Man (Ps. 31:14-15)

No comments: