Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A 540 week

Hello All,
So I have decided to make this a 540 week, meaning I will practice 540 minutes this week. Sounds easy right? Actually, since I started going to college, I don't believe I have practice over 500 minutes (which is sad). So this evening I made it a goal to practice 540 minutes from Monday through Saturday of this week.
So to break it down to meet that goal, I would only have to practice 90 minutes a day from now until Saturday. which would be two 45 minute practice sessions--very attainable. May be wondering c'mon can't you do more than that. Possibly but factor in rehearsals daily (pep band, orchestra, brass), and there's a lot of playing going on.
But it can be done, then when I hit that, I'll move up the minutes. A lot of determination will be needed especially toward the end of the week. It will pay off, I'm sure of it; and this will definitely help with preparing for the upcoming competitions. I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes from Ed Kleinhammer, retired bass trombonist of the Chicago Symphony:

"World-class trombone players do not just happen. Their talents are forged in the dual furnaces of determination and diligence."

I have this quote taped to my locker. May be I should pull a Notre Dame tradition of hitting it each time before I practice. I'm already off to a good start for having gone 90 on Monday. Let's see if I can keep going. I'll update ya'll on Sunday regardless of the outcome.

All right practice room!!.....YOU'RE MINE!!

From
J-man

PS Almost wanna say pray for me.................nah...........for the sake of my brother I won't :-)


No comments: