Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Quit Work. Play Trombone.

Hello All,
Today was a good day with the trombone. I practiced the alto quite a bit, and then just when I was getting ready to practice the tenor, my trombone teacher, Dr. Kraft, asked me if I would be going to rehearsal or doing anything. I wasn't; Just told him that I was gonna practice. He asked if I'd like to play some duets and excerpts. I said sure cuz we hadn't played duets for a long time. His reason was he didn't want to do work. I laughed inside :)

So for the next two hours I got to sit next to my teacher and play some great duets and excerpts. And it wasn't even my lesson. One of the advantages of Grace School of Music is the small trombone "studio." And with having your teacher as the assistant dean, you always seem him in the office. It doesn't always happen like that (like I said it had been a while), but you take advantage of those opportunities when you can.

Yep today was a good day :)

J-man (Psalm 115:1)

No comments: