Monday, April 6, 2009

Two Week Notice

Hello All,
I apologize that it's been over a month that I haven't written on here. Don't worry there have been some big things going on in the trombone world. Eastern Trombone Workshop in Washington D.C. was absolutely great during Spring Break.

God has been doing some great things in my life with this summer and what he has planned for me. But the purpose of this blog is to give some cool news. For a variety of reasons, I won't be attending the New York Phil Audition in June (yes, trombone world, one less person to worry about). Instead I'm going to an audition in Birmingham for the Alabama Symphony's 2nd trombone position.

What's really great is in two weeks, I'm going to be having a mock audition in front of some faculty from my school such as my trombone teacher (former 2nd trombone of the D.C. National Symphony), our trumpet teacher (principal trumpet of the Indianapolis Symphony), string professor (graduate of Julliard and soloist), and our Dean of School of Music.

I thought this would be a great opportunity for me to prep and get some critique from current professionals before I go to the real deal. It will be good practice. and I'm looking forward to it :)
I'll let ya know how it goes!

From
J-man (Proverbs 16:9)

No comments: