Thursday, May 1, 2008

Phone Call from San Antonio

Hello All,

I received a phone call during dinner last night and was invited to audition for the second trombone position of the San Antonio Symphony. I had sent a resume in many weeks ago, and was first declined an invitation because I did not have much depth of experience in the orchestra world. With a phone call from my teacher I received a recommendation to be put on the waiting list, and low behold I got the call. This works out quite well for me to go to audition because my brother lives in Dallas and I can fly and stay at his house for a couple days.
The audition is going to be Monday May 3rd at 2:00 p.m. (CST) in San Antonio. I have been working on the audition excerpts for quite some time, and I really excited about this opportunity to audition. This will be a great experience for me since this is what I believe I am to do in life--play trombone. So it's exciting to see God move.
I have set up this blog so I can journal the next few days as I prepare for the audition and eventually head to San Antonio. I would appreciate your prayers in these exciting times.

From J-Man (Psalm 31:14-15)

1 comment:

akkate08 said...

Way to goo Jeremy!!!!! I'll be praying for you. You're gonna be great!