Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wrap-up of my first symphony audition

Goooood morning,

Whelp this has been an exciting trip. Missing flights, sleeping in airports, walking from concourse to concourse. The list could go on and on. As I look back I have no regrets of coming here at all. It was a FANTASTIC first audition. Even though I did not achieve my goal, I learned so much from this experience, and how to prepare even harder for the next time this comes. I am still quite young and have many years ahead of me; but it is gonna come quicker than you think. So I have to start preparing now.
I enjoyed the experience so much. Being able to play the Tuba Mirum in a humongous sanctuary was a real treat. And it sound beautiful. That is what I'll focuson. Sure I made a mistake or two on other parts but if I focus on that gorgeous sound from the Mozart, and strive to have the other pieces be of that same quality, something good is gonna happen. It's gonna take a lot of work though, but I'm up for the challenge!!
This whole experience has just motivated me to work even harder because now I have a sense of what needs to be attained. It sometimes take a failure to be successful, and to show you where you are. I know where I am musically, and I have seen where I need to get. .
Whelp, I am currently in the Dallas airport waiting for my flight which is in a few hours---my brother kinda punished me for missing my flight by sending me here earlier than usual. Thanks again for all of your support and prayers. What a tremendous group of friends!!

Time to get some Mickey D's.

From J-man (Psalm 31:14-15)

No comments: