Saturday, May 3, 2008

Planes, Airports, and Chick-fil-A

Hello All,

Well today was a fascinating day. We ate then I packed up everything to send over to Byers. Unfortunately I took a little longer than expected--was signed up to check out of my room at 1:30 but didn't get checked out probably until around 2:30ish. A friend of mine was going to drive to Kokomo where another friend would pick me up to take me to the airport. Well I didn't leave Grace until 3:30 and my flight was at 6:42 p.m. in Indianapolis. We hurried but I got to the check-in line and found out that I was too late--I missed the check-in. I tried to see if I could get on the next flight out tonight, but I was not able to because my ticket was nonrefundable. Well I called the agency to see what to do, and I could have flown out on Monday (the day of the audition).
So I called my oldest brother, to see what strings he could pull. We looked everywhere from booking another flight to checking other airlines. Unfortunately the last flight out of Indy was at 8:40 p.m. which was not available. Well to make a long process and story very concise, My brother (what-a-guy) must have done the best sweet-talk you ever heard on the phone (probably said "i apologize for my IDIOT little brother"). They (United Airlines) worked it out for me to get on the next flight to Chicago and then to Dallas. The first flight from Indy to Chicago is at 5:54 in the morning. So i need to check-in around 4:30 and hope there is an opening for a seat on the flight to Chicago. Then the flight from Chicago to Dallas leaves around 8:00. So if all works out I should end up in Dallas around 10:30 Sunday morning which will work out perfectly fine to still get to San Antonio in good order.
So I am going to spend the night in the Indianapolis International Airport, and I am actually kind of excited about it. Once the whole process was complete, I got to get a bite to eat from Chick-fil-A (CFA) which was exciting. As weird as it is, I am looking forward to staying in the airport overnight. I could have got a hotel, but who would want to do that. It's all about the experience. So the more and the more I think about this, it is cool, kind of like of an adventure that everyone should go through.
But I hafta remind myself: JEREMY NEXT TIME BE READY TO LEAVE ON TIME and I could be in Dallas by now!!!! Maybe I pull out the 'ole trombone and play some hymns for a little worship service since it is Sunday.

Whelp that is where I am CURRENTLY, still in Indianapolis.

I'm gonna try to get some shut-eye now. Set the alarm for 4:00 in the morning (if you want to call to make sure I wake up you are more than welcome to) and I'll check-in at 4:30 when the kiosk opens up. I hope and pray it all works out for me to hit each spot tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the support and prayers :-)

J-man (Genesis 2:2-3)

No comments: